Wednesday 16 November 2011

Waiting on Wednesday- Sadie Walker is Stranded

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Breaking the Spine where we show off books that we want to read but have not been published yet. 
Title:  Sadie Walker is Stranded
Author:  Madeleine Roux
Release Date: 5 January 2011
Link to / Summary from Goodreads:Sadie Walker fights for survival as the dead close in...In the months since The Outbreak, Seattle has become a walled citadel - the Infected are kept at bay but the city is rife with kidnappings, religious cults and black-market dealings. And things are about to get much, much worse. A group of frustrated religious fanatics, the 'Repopulationists', destroy part of the wall and zombies swarm the city. Devastated by the brutal kidnapping of her nephew, illustrator Sadie Walker flees Seattle with her best friend Andrea and secures passage on a boat with no destination. The ragtag bunch aboard the ship are thrown ashore by a storm and stumble across what appears to be a thriving survivors camp. The shipwrecked group, relived to find food, shelter and friendship, relax into the rhythm of the community's existence. But then people start to disappear.
Why I want it:  I know I've not read Alison Hewett is Trapped, but never mind. Zombies, revolution, religous cults, survival? Fun fun fun indeed.And I love the cover.

What are YOU waiting on this week?

10 comments:

  1. For some reason The cover made me smile!


    Nice pick!

    Feel free to check out my WOW
    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, this sounds crazy! I've never heard of this but O_O.

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh why have I not heard of this one before!? It sounds awesome! Wow!!

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zombies? Nuff said I'm in! LOL

    Thanks for stopping by the wastelands today, and you know we love our zombies;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cover and the synopsis. Sounds like my kinds read :]

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like something right up my alley. I'll have to check it out! Thanks for stopping by Book Brats earlier!

    IMM at Book Brats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How haven't I heard of this?! It sounds almost like it could have been an episode of LOST! Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard about this book before. It's different. The book sounds very interesting. Great choice! Thank you for sharing!

    Happy Reading!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never heard of this book before but it definitely sounds intriguing! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you HAVE to read her original zombie book though. Alison Hewitt is Trapped. It's amazing!!!! I'm sure this one will just as good =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...