Sunday 18 November 2012

In Which I Fangirl A Lot.

So...this week has been, in terms of booky really quite awesome.

We have a Longlist for the CILIP Carnegie Medal.

Things I've Read and Enjoyed
  • Unrest by Michelle Harrison (Simon & Schuster Children's Books)
  • Itch by Simon Mayo  (Corgi Children's Books)
  • This Dark Endeavour by Kenneth Oppel (Random House David Fickling Books)
  • Mister Creecher by Chris Priestley (Bloomsbury)
  • Black Heart Blue by Louisa Reid (Puffin Books)
  • The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater (Scholastic)
Things I've heard are good and will make a little more effort to read now.

  • Dead Time by Anne Cassidy (Bloomsbury)
  • VIII by H.M. Castor (Templar Publishing)
  • Dying To Know You by Aidan Chambers (Bodley Head)
  • After the Snow by S.D. Crockett (Macmillan Children's Books)
  • Mortal Chaos by Matt Dickinson (Oxford University Press)
  • Maggot Moon by Sally Gardner (Hot Key Books)
  • After by Morris Gleitzman (Puffin Books)
  • To Be A Cat by Matt Haig (Bodley Head)
  • Seraphina by Rachel Hartman (Doubleday Children's Books)
  • All Fall Down by Sally Nicholls (Marion Lloyd Books)
  • Wonder by R.J. Palacio (Bodley Head)
  • Gods and Warriors by Michelle Paver (Puffin Books)
  • Burn Mark by Laura Powell (Bloomsbury)
  • Black Arts: The Books of Pandemonium by Andrew Prentice and Jonathan Weil (David Fickling Books)
  • This is Not Forgiveness by Celia Rees (Bloomsbury)
  • Midwinterblood by Marcus Sedgwick (Indigo)
  • Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein (Electric Monkey)

As well as these, there#s other books that I'm sure are deserving of their place, which I'll read if they get shortlisted. My book club shadows the award, so hopefully we'll all find something to enjoy, and maybe we'll manage to guess what's going to win. Last time, we failed (We said Between Shades of Grey, not A Monster Calls).

We've had a trailer for The Host. I've not read it, but apparently it's a bit better than Twilight (I'm not sure that's saying much though.) Still, if anyone does enjoy Meyer's stuff, then maybe they should see it.


We've also had a trailer for City Of Bones, a film which I definitely plan to go and see some time (although probably won't because I have a habit of saying I'll see something, forgetting, and ending up getting it on DVD. Films that don't get this treatment get seen twice...something's wrong with my organisation skills.) Here it is.

On its own, it's awesome. After reading a couple of posts about it, I love it even more. *fangirl mode is on*

Other fangirly thing: Aurelio Voltaire's book, Call of the Jersey Devil, has a cover now! And a back one! I got into Voltaire's music a few years ago, and when he said he was writing a book, I was all *squee* (I go all fangirly very easily, in case you haven't guessed).and from the excerpts on Facebook, I'm probably going to enjoy this.








And finally, please go help a new book blogger! Anne of Grave Fables was part of my book club, until she moved to France. She's really nice and reads practically anything, so go say hello.


How's everyone this week?

5 comments:

  1. We haven't read any of the CKG titles that you have read, but I can vouch for Wonder, Maggot Moon, Code Name Verity, After the Snow and All Fall Down being wonderfully good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The judges certainly do a good job of picking books, don't they!

      Delete
  2. COOL! I've read most of the books you've written down and they're all brilliant!
    i was wondering when the james dawson winners would be put up?
    Thnx
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for seeing other people enjoy the books I plan to read (gives me more incentive to read them). Ah yes, thank you for the reminder!

      Delete
  3. This looks like an interesting list of books and I might have to pick a few up! I'm finishing up a pretty great book now called "Three Fugitives" by Nat Howler, it's part of the Six Stones Trilogy. You can check out him and the book on the website http://nathowler.com/. Thanks for the post and suggestions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...