Saturday 12 October 2013

News! With Fairy Tale Mugshots!

News time!

  • Stephen King readathon starts tomorrow! Thank you Amber, Tatum, Sadaf and anonymous for joining me. Anyone else?
  • Divergent, Insurgent and Allegient have new covers! Designed by Nik Keevil, I like them-the use of elements, and the use of the faction symbols. I just wish they hadn't randomly changed them mid series! I don't collect book series very often, but random changes annoy me a lot.

  • Thank you Sam Eades for the copy of Rags and Bones, the anthology edited by Melissa Marr and Tim Pratt. I hadn't heard of it, but it looks really good-some great authors are in on it!  Goodreads link here
  • There's a really good book on sexuality and gender in nature, and you can read it online. You should.
  • I'm doing a year long project research thing that I get to choose the topic on and I'm going to be doing "Does YA challenge or reinforce gender stereotypes?" I'll be asking for input at some point, so keep an eye out.
  • Daisy Chain Book Reviews has a really good post about "is book blogging going out of fashion?" Worth a read. 
  • Are you going to the Hot Key Books thing next week? If so, are there any books you'd like? (I'm catching up on review writing so books will appear there over the next week or so-keep checking back!)
  • I finished Rainbow Reads! That was a giant thing that so many people contributed to so thank you very much everyone! Regular scheduling and frantic catchup of review posting to happen over the next few weeks!
  • I will be doing Nanowrimo! I'm deathbooksandteanina. Add me. Good luck!
Awesomeness of the week
Fairytale mugshots by Teelamb.
Red Riding Hood: Link  Goldilocks: Link Snow White: Link Alice: Link

 

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, I'm so adding Rag & Bones to my TBR list for sure!

    And those fairy tale mugshots? Priceless!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to read this!
Comments are much loved.
Nina xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...